Grab a bargain! Preowned caches, very cheap.

I have put seven caches I've adopted in the past up for readoption. If you're interested, please contact me through my profile:

Tim & Jon's 1st Re-Stashed - One of the UK's oldest active caches.

Tim's No 2 - The Second Attempt - As above, in Ashridge Park behind Berkhamsted.

Visit Gravity Hill? (Bucks) Adopted by Alibags. Thanks hon.

Pulpit Sermon (Bucks) Was The Hornet's- a great spot off the Ridgeway, offering excellent views (and a big climb!)

HM4 - A gate to nowhere (Herts) Formerly The Hornet's, a nice drive-by micro outside Watford.

Blenheim Palace (get in free!!!) Taken over by the force of nature that is fraggle69.

Treacle Well Passed back to the setter, 2202. A great spot for a cache, with friendly goats to meet.

And I'm offering my London Virtual up for adoption (if this is still allowed) too:

SUBTERRANEAN SUB-AQUA (Isle of Dogs/Greenwich) Computer says no: "The 'Virtual Cache' listing cannot be adopted." It's not allowed so it may have to be archived, unless some 'work around' that really does work can be found.

Edited to fix links.

Edited by Simply Paul

Some late additions (reductions?):

Portmeirion View GC117BZ - Looking across the estuary at Portmeirion and Snowdon.

There's Iron Pyrites in them thar hills (Snowdon) GC117B8 - A popular cache in a mine near Beddgelert, Snowdonia.

Edit, as I can't edit the post above any more- vw_keychain has kindly offered to take HM4 - A gate to nowhere (Herts) off my hands.

Edited by Simply Paul

I hate to be the spanner in the works over this one :) , but Virtual Caches as Grandfathered ones can not be adopted over. Plus there is a requirement for the owner to log into GC at least once a month.

On a happy note Paul has stated elsewhere that he's only culling down the No's owned, so will be regularly logging in :laughing:

Oh I'd believe I know a local welsh cacher who is well within easy maintenance range of both. And Im sure would be willing take on your 2 welsh caches. I'll give him a shout :ph34r: [and no it's not me :D ]

SUBTERRANEAN SUB-AQUA (Isle of Dogs/Greenwich) Computer says no: "The 'Virtual Cache' listing cannot be adopted." It's not allowed so it may have to be archived, unless some 'work around' that really does work can be found.

Edited to fix links.

Kind of solution emailed... so no one finds out what might be done... :laughing::D Cheers MaxKim

I hate to be the spanner in the works over this one :D , but Virtual Caches as Grandfathered ones can not be adopted over.

I'm aware of that but there is always a way round these things.

Plus there is a requirement for the owner to log into GC at least once a month.

That's why I wondered why he was archiving it if he was not resigning altogether. All he has to do is log in from time to time.

I hate to be the spanner in the works over this one :D , but Virtual Caches as Grandfathered ones can not be adopted over.
I'm aware of that but there is always a way round these things.
There is only one reason for Groundspeak to block the adoption of virtuals; to kill them off. I'd rather not archive this, but in the future it may be unavoidable. I've never said it's my intention to archive it; if it was, it would have gone already.
That's why I wondered why he was archiving it if he was not resigning altogether. All he has to do is log in from time to time.
All he has to do is reply to dozens of emails, some of which give the wrong answers, and thus deal with unhappy cachers. Should I read the above as meaning even if someone else was receiving emails via a link on the page itself and dealing with them, if I fail to log into GC.com for a month the cache would be archived by TPTB anyway?
On a happy note Paul has stated elsewhere that he's only culling down the No's owned, so will be regularly logging in :D
On a less happy note, numbers could reach one -this virtual- and I don't need to log it to reply to emails, or if I've no finds that need logging. Much as I appreciate the upbeat post, I don't like to be second-guessed; I may or may not be regularly logging in. Who knows what other projects might be making demands on my time in the future...?

Does this only apply to Virtuals, because I've found caches where the owners are long gone, not having logged into the website for years, yet their caches are still out there... :yikes:

from the Guidelines

Virtual Cache and Webcam Cache Maintenance Guidelines

The cache owner will assume all responsibility for their cache listings.

Although the cache is not something you physically maintain, you must maintain your cache's web page and respond to inquiries. In the case of Virtual Caches and Webcam Caches you must periodically check the physical location. You may temporarily disable your cache to let others know not to hunt for it until you have a chance to fix the problem. This feature is to allow you a reasonable time – normally a few weeks – in which to arrange a visit to your cache.

You should also return to the Geocaching.com web site at least once a month to show you are still active. Caches posted and "abandoned" may be archived by the site.

The owner will assume the responsibility of quality control of logged "finds" for the cache, and will agree to delete any "find" logs that appear to be bogus, counterfeit, off topic, or not within the stated requirements.

In the event that a cache is not being properly maintained, or has been temporarily disabled for an extended period of time, we may archive the listing. Grandfathered caches may not be unarchived

If a owner of a Physical cache is not maintaining it, in the first instance post a Needs Maintenance log. If after several weeks it has not been actioned, post a Needs Archive log to it to flag up the status to the reviewers.

Pulpit Sermon (Bucks) is being taken over by Yurtgirl. Any more for any more? That leaves me with the 'Tim's' caches (own a piece of caching history!) and the two well regarded Welsh ones.

I've emailed a local Welsh cacher about them, and will hopefully see him at the sausage stealers [Marzipan the geodog] house tomorrow night. If he's not interested there is another local cacher who would possibly be interested, that I can ask :yikes: