Problem with new 60CSx

msuman

Took my new 60CSx out of the box today. I was playing around with it trying to figure everyting out. Turned it off anf then back on a few minutes later. When I got ready to turn it off again it wouldnt turn off. So I pulled one battery out to turn it off. Now it will not turn back on.

Any ideas??

Hmm..... I'd take both batteries out.

Then try again.

Are you holding the button down long enough for it to start?

I pulled both batteries out several times, and also swaped them out for 2 other new batteries. Yes, you can hold the power button down for as long as you want and nothing happens. I powered it on and off 2 or 3 times before it crapped out!

Hmm..... I'd take both batteries out.

Then try again.

Are you holding the button down long enough for it to start?

I pulled both batteries out several times, and also swaped them out for 2 other new batteries. Yes, you can hold the power button down for as long as you want and nothing happens. I powered it on and off 2 or 3 times before it crapped out!

Here is the hard reset notes for the Garmin 60. Don't think it will work if you got nothing happening at all.

GPS 60/60CS

Hold enter while powering up to enter test mode. Hold enter and page while powering up to master reset the unit.

To continue after a reset

After a reset

If you have to perform a full reset using one of the sequences shown above you will need to allow the unit to collect a full almanac before normal can be resumed. First a fix will need to be obtained which can take from 5 to 10 minutes of leaving your unit outdoors, stationary, with a good sky view. After the first lock you will need another 12.5 to 15 minutes to get the almanac reloaded. Check the date to insure that the information was reloaded properly. Time will be shown as UTC time since your local time offset was lost in the reset.

Re-establish all of your preferences such as time zone, daylight savings flag, etc. Reload all your waypoints and saved routes from your backup. I do hope you have a backup. WAAS capable receivers will have to re-establish the WAAS almanac as well.