TB Numbers do not match

The Graystone Gopher

I recently purchased my first travel bug. The sticker that came with it included a tracking number and an activation code. I activated the bug using that information and proceeded to make a mission card to attach to it, which include the tracking number, as printed on the tb. It was then that I realized that the numbers do not match. Since it was activated from the sticker, the tb can not be found when you enter the number on it on the trackable page. It is off by one letter. How should I proceed to get my future world travel started? Is there an easy way to correct this? I have contacted the vendor but I doubt I will here back before Monday - I was really hoping to release it this weekend. ~ Thanks ~

Sometimes they use the same activation number for a range of tracking numbers.

If you try to activate the number listed on the tag, what happens?

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I took your suggestion and received this message: "The Travel Bug you requested does not exist in the system". The vendor did write back and ask me if both the TB & the copy tag had the same numbers (they do). They also made the same suggestion as you did, to enter the number on the TB instead of the one on the sticker. Is this an issue that Groundspeak could help with?

Edited by The Graystone Gopher