NUVII 200W Owners Manual?

georooks

So, I lost my bag with my owners manual which sucked! I go to Garmins site and they only have the quick start manual. I want to use it to navigate me by roads to geocaches then I can break out my Vista, also without an owners manual (ARGH!!)

Anyway, now that I have vented a bit, how can I load my .gpx onto the NUVII.

Thanks.

Rooks

Well short on time, as always, so I just plugged the NUVII into my pc and was able to drag and drop my *.gpx along with some pictures onto the unit. It loaded the points in consecutive order from #1 which isnt great, but at least I can now see them on screen and hopefully do a go to.

Out the door, thanks,

Rooks

georooks -

I know this is too late to help you, but maybe it will help you in the future.

I have a Nuvi 200 (not wide). My Nuvi did NOT come with any type of owner's manual. Just the quick start guide.

You won't find documentation on loading Geocaches into the Nuvi.

You can download a program called "POI Loader" from Garmin's site. (It's free.) You can use that program to load up your Nuvi. POI Loader uses an exported GSAK file.

There is also a macro out there that will run in GSAK and export cache information into the Nuvi (using POI Loader). I'm not too experienced with that macro so I can't say a lot about it. (But, from what I've seen, it's pretty cool.)

I've posted step by step instuctions online. If you need instructions, just let me know!

Thanks Jenischmeni. I will look into GSAK and the POI loader. Looked at some recent talk about the macros, WAAYYyy to advanced for me!! Wish I had that understanding and was able to use this stuff more efficiently!!!

Rooks

georooks -

I know this is too late to help you, but maybe it will help you in the future.

I have a Nuvi 200 (not wide). My Nuvi did NOT come with any type of owner's manual. Just the quick start guide.

You won't find documentation on loading Geocaches into the Nuvi.

You can download a program called "POI Loader" from Garmin's site. (It's free.) You can use that program to load up your Nuvi. POI Loader uses an exported GSAK file.

There is also a macro out there that will run in GSAK and export cache information into the Nuvi (using POI Loader). I'm not too experienced with that macro so I can't say a lot about it. (But, from what I've seen, it's pretty cool.)

I've posted step by step instuctions online. If you need instructions, just let me know!