Finding more exciting items in cach's

the4geocams

I am fairly new to finding Geocach's. I am somewhat bored with finding just the simple onces. Yet I don't want difficult terrain to go thru either.

How do I go about searching on the website's which geocach's will have items that are really worth something to trade with? Or to find items of more interest to kids?

I want to be able to filter out the stuff that does not interest me.

I am fairly new to finding Geocach's. I am somewhat bored with finding just the simple onces. Yet I don't want difficult terrain to go thru either.

How do I go about searching on the website's which geocach's will have items that are really worth something to trade with? Or to find items of more interest to kids?

I want to be able to filter out the stuff that does not interest me.

I look more for what I will find OUTSIDE the cache than in it. Take me to a place that is worthwhile, and it doesn't matter what is IN the cache. This doesn't have to involve difficult terrain.

If there is something worthwhile to trade, that is a bonus.

Keep looking, soon you while start to develop a sense of what kinds of hides you like, and be able to tell those from the cache pages in many cases.

From one of your own logs "It was the excitement to find it."

Larger caches tend to have better trade items.

More remote caches tend to have better trade items.

Older, seldom found caches tend to have nicer trade items.

Brand new larger caches tend to have better trade items.

Become a premium member for just $3 per month and you can use Pocket Queries to help filter down to caches you might be more interested in hunting. http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

StartBrand gave some good advice. Smaller, older and more-frequently-visited caches will generally have less interesting trade items. You might want to lower your expectations however as the vast majority of caches dont have anything very interesting in them (unless you're not 3 years old). Stick with big caches for the best chance of finding something worth trading for.

The game is a lot more about the experience (or more about "numbers" for some people) than the "treasure" in the cache.