Can the Colorado draw maps off-center?

kmccanta

When I am moving, especially biking, I dont want the map to put my current location in the center. I would like it to be at the lower 20% mark or so.

I want it show more map in the area where I am heading. I could care less where I have been. Of course, once stationary it would be nice to have it re-center.

Anyone think of a way to do this?

-k

This is an interesting comment because I looked at the Oregon and the cursor position in track up mode is about 75% of the way down the screen (25% up off the bottom). Based on the CO screen shots and from what I remember the Colorado puts you right smack in the middle. Here are two suggestions:

- If you are road biking have you tried the automotive orientation?

- Geocaching mode might help since it seems to put the cursor near the bottom of the page but you have to navigating to a geocache for this to work.

GO$Rs

Have you tried setting map orientation to "Track Up" instead of "North Up"? (Under Setup > Map, I think)

I don't have my CO with me, but I think that moves your position towards the bottom of the screen. I don't think there's a quick way to jump between Track Up/North Up, but you could always create a Moving & Stationary profile with the different settings in each, if it accomplishes what you are looking for.

Have you tried setting map orientation to "Track Up" instead of "North Up"? (Under Setup > Map, I think)

I don't have my CO with me, but I think that moves your position towards the bottom of the screen. I don't think there's a quick way to jump between Track Up/North Up, but you could always create a Moving & Stationary profile with the different settings in each, if it accomplishes what you are looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion... I'll try track up. I for sure have it on North up.

-k

This is an interesting comment because I looked at the Oregon and the cursor position in track up mode is about 75% of the way down the screen (25% up off the bottom). Based on the CO screen shots and from what I remember the Colorado puts you right smack in the middle. Here are two suggestions:

- If you are road biking have you tried the automotive orientation?

- Geocaching mode might help since it seems to put the cursor near the bottom of the page but you have to navigating to a geocache for this to work.

GO$Rs

Thanks for the ideas!

by automotive, you mean the 2 1/2-D view? I didnt like it.