City Navigator NT Failing to Install

Liquidbridge

I recently purchased a Garmin Oregon 300 and City Navigator NT for Mac. I have been trying to install the maps for Wisconsin and Minnesota. Install application says that it is building the maps and that expected time remaining is over 8 hours. That was almost 12 hours ago. II checked about a half an hour ago and it said it still had 6 1/2 hours left. Then about 10 minutes later there appeared an error saying that the install had quit and that the GPS unit was not connected properly. The unit was connected to the machine and mounted on the desktop. Any ideas?

Kurt

Have you turned off your sleep function on the computer? Sometimes if you are installing something and the computer goes into energy saving or sleep mode it will stop the process of the software update. Go into your settings and turn off the the sleep feature. I have experience in this when I have tried to charge my ipod and the computer hoes to sleep it stops charging and takes forever to fully charge.

Hope this helps....