OREGON 300 crashes when I enter trip computer

alepelo

Hi everybody,

I just bought one Garmin Oregon 300 about 10 days ago. I like this unit a lot but I quickly noticed that sometimes crashed in a very bad way. :(

This happened sometimes when I pressed TRIP COMPUTER. I though it was a software bug so I decided to upgrade the unit software from version 2.1 to version 2.3 with Garmin Webupdater. The upgrade was successful but after this upgrade EVERY time that I press TRIP COMPUTER the unit crashes and turns itself off. I repeated the upgrade once more just in case but the result is the same.

Has anybody experienced this? I am traveling now so I cannot take my Garmin to the store... ;)

I hope someone can help me out with this. :lol:

Thanks a lot!

Alejandro

Ok, I just called Garmin Denmark and they told me I must take the unit back to the store for repairing.... I don't feel very well about this, it's a new unit...

The worst part is that I am in Germany now so I have to wait until I go home. :anibad:

What about removing, waiting, and replacing the batteries? Have you tried reseting the unit? A new 2.4 update just came out too--try that.

Ok, I just called Garmin Denmark and they told me I must take the unit back to the store for repairing.... I don't feel very well about this, it's a new unit...

The worst part is that I am in Germany now so I have to wait until I go home. :anibad:

What about removing, waiting, and replacing the batteries? Have you tried reseting the unit? A new 2.4 update just came out too--try that.

Hi! Thank you very much for your suggestions. I tried all that and I just tried the 2.4 upgrade too. The result is the same, when I press trip computer, the unit crashes...

Other than that the unit seems to work ok.

I guess I got a defected unit :blink:

Hi! Thank you very much for your suggestions. I tried all that and I just tried the 2.4 upgrade too. The result is the same, when I press trip computer, the unit crashes...

Other than that the unit seems to work ok.

I guess I got a defected unit :blink:

I had the same problem when I update from 2.10. Try changing your profile, and then changing it back.

Thank you!!!!!!! It worked!

We should report this bug to Garmin... Can we do that? So it will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks again.

Alejandro

Definitely report it to Garmin in email. With the 2.4 update does your barometer still work? If not you might want to revert back to 2.3 if the barometer is important? Not sure which is better--sigh--maybe I shouldn't have mentioned this? :ph34r:

Edited by Ratsneve

I had the same problem when I update from 2.10. Try changing your profile, and then changing it back.

Thank you!!!!!!! It worked!

We should report this bug to Garmin... Can we do that? So it will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks again.

Alejandro

Definitely report it to Garmin in email. With the 2.4 update does your barometer still work? If not you might want to revert back to 2.3 if the barometer is important? Not sure which is better--sigh--maybe I shouldn't have mentioned this? :unsure:

dadgum, I just found that with the 2.4 version the map does not display figures bigger than 9999 km or 9999 miles...

I can't believe that this unit comes with so many bugs :)

Dadgum, I just found that with the 2.4 version the map does not display figures bigger than 9999 km or 9999 miles...

I can't believe that this unit comes with so many bugs :unsure:

I just checked this before updating from 2.3 to 2.5 and it is the same in both cases. At least I see what you mean. However, you can access the waypoint info detail and it will give actual mileage way way beyond 9999 miles. I don't think this is a problem at all unless you insist on waypoints greater then 9999 miles and even then you can read the actual mileage. Once it falls below 9999 miles it will display. I don't think this is a bug--just a desire that Garmin might have used a number to 5 places.

Edited by Ratsneve

Dadgum, I just found that with the 2.4 version the map does not display figures bigger than 9999 km or 9999 miles...

I can't believe that this unit comes with so many bugs :rolleyes:

I just checked this before updating from 2.3 to 2.5 and it is the same in both cases. At least I see what you mean. However, you can access the waypoint info detail and it will give actual mileage way way beyond 9999 miles. I don't think this is a problem at all unless you insist on waypoints greater then 9999 miles and even then you can read the actual mileage. Once it falls below 9999 miles it will display. I don't think this is a bug--just a desire that Garmin might have used a number to 5 places.

You are right, I checked what you said. Thanks!