HAWAII: Hiking partner needed!

CoyoteRed

Howdy,

The wife left me for greener pastures! Well, for a couple of weeks anyway.

Sissy is visiting our son who is a new dad--I'm a grandpa--on the island of Oahu. He's in the Army stationed there, but is on light duty due to an injury and can't keep up. Sissy simply can't go the land of one of her favorite TV shows, Lost, without getting out and seeing the scenery.

So, here's my request: someone who likes to hike, is on Oahu, and can keep up with the Energizer Bunny give her a call. She has a GPS already loaded with all of the caches as of last week, a PDA with descriptions, and transportation. She likes the tougher hikes, doesn't care for PnGs with no purpose.

If you're interested you can call her direct: (843) 607-0121. Don't be alarmed if the person answers to "Lisa," same person.

Thanks!

Aloha,

I've posted your message on our local forum as not too many of the Oahu hardy hikers hangout on the national forums. You need to register to post, but anyone can see the replies.

If she's really up for a challenge she could get herself a first to find.

We will be off island this weekend, but would be happy to offer hiking suggestions what part of the island is she staying?

jrr