personal emails not recieved

paganfrog

recently i made some snide comments about getting my email messages ignored by certain people. it turns out that i may have been making these comments in error, as i have since found out that another member failed to get my email and i hers.

is this a problem on this site as i can count that about 5 people have failed to receive emails (2 defiantly accounted for the others i dont know if they did or not)

This pops up now and then. Grouindspeak's servers are very reliable at getting the message out. The problem generally lies outside their control.

Sometimes the users's e-mail client catches it and classifies it as junk mail or spam and is auto-filed into the appropriate folder. Sometimes the webmail does the same and sometimes the ISP does the same up to and including throttling the mail from Groundspeak. Comcast did this and it affected hundreds of users, myself included. We ended up going to g-mail because Comcast was being unresponsive at the time until regulators investigated and caught them at it. Look for a common cause such as ISP. Change the e-mail address remembering to go through Groundspeak's validation process and see if that resolves your issues.

Edited by TotemLake