When a TB Disappears from a Cache You Own

therealwesty

This hasn't happened to me yet. But, seems a bunch of my recent finds have had bugs or coins listed in the inventory that don't turn up in the cache. Sometimes I check the logs, and often the last log will be months, or even years ago. Anyway, likely safe to assume these items are lost.

So what does the cache owner do? I stumbled upon a couple TB graveyards, can we grab the bugs and then drop them? We wouldn't know the tracking number though? I know we can contact the owner through the site, but you don't always get replies. Can the reviewers or other higher powers help here? Just curious, I wouldn't want a lost bug sitting in my an inventory of one of my caches, sometimes it's a little disappointing to the finders.

Cache owners have the ability to move bugs to an Unknown Location. If I see a verified as missing bug in someone else's cache I'll send a note to the bug owner so they can remove it from the listing. If after a couple three weeks the bug is still there I'll send a note to the cache owner providing instructions on how to remove it.

If still no action you can contact a reviewer to move it.

This hasn't happened to me yet. But, seems a bunch of my recent finds have had bugs or coins listed in the inventory that don't turn up in the cache. Sometimes I check the logs, and often the last log will be months, or even years ago. Anyway, likely safe to assume these items are lost.

So what does the cache owner do? I stumbled upon a couple TB graveyards, can we grab the bugs and then drop them? We wouldn't know the tracking number though? I know we can contact the owner through the site, but you don't always get replies. Can the reviewers or other higher powers help here? Just curious, I wouldn't want a lost bug sitting in my an inventory of one of my caches, sometimes it's a little disappointing to the finders.

DON'T USE GRAVEYARDS. They're obsolete, and add false mileage to bugs (which may again become active). If you're the cache owner, you can set the location of any bugs in your cache to "Unknown". This takes it out of your cache's inventory, without screwing up the mileage.