CO 400t Pressure Trend Save Always Inop.?

Ratsneve

Has anyone experiencing this function not working (setting up the unit to record barometric pressure when the unit is then turned Off and discovering no dynamic pressure records were made after turning the unit back On--just a straight line between the active points when On) gotten their unit successfully repaired or replaced with another unit that worked?

Has anyone successfully returned their units for a full refund?

Have you reached any conclusions on what you did wrong buying the Colorado and what GPS you will try next?

Has anyone experiencing this function not working (setting up the unit to record barometric pressure when the unit is then turned Off and discovering no dynamic pressure records were made after turning the unit back On--just a straight line between the active points when On) gotten their unit successfully repaired or replaced with another unit that worked?

Waiting to find out on mine. Here is the response I got from the Garmin Support Tech:

I will test the new unit before sending it out to you. It depends on who ends up with your unit for testing if I'll hear anything back. If I find out who receives it, I'll be sure to ask and let you know.

If it doesn't work for them...who knows. (He's referring to testing my replacement before shipping as well as someone else testing my RMA'd unit and relaying the results of that test)

Edited by s20055

I've only gotten RMA's for more Colorado's which failed to work properly when I got the replacements anyway. I would be very interested in hearing about it if anyone demands an Oregon as a replacement. Heck, I just might if they don't fix the $#%@ thing in the next update.

One question to all of us out there about all the problems with Garmins new units, WHERE"S THE OUTRAGE? If you bought anything else for so much money and it didn't work right, woudn't you be pieved? Wouldn't you call them up and lay into them for releasing something that doesn't work as advertised? All I'm saying is that it seems to be the norm now, normal to get new GPS units that don't work right and accepting it thinking that they'll fix it in the next update. It's B.S. and I'm pi$$ed! :anibad:

Edited by yogazoo

Instead of a replacement has anyone asked for and gotten their units repaired and returned for any problem they might have had? It sounds like that isn't an option and why probably figures into the problem Garmin has with QC.

If Garmin is unable to fix the problem then I think they are in a bind if they refuse a full refund. In light of all the problems and the current overall status of both the Colorado and Oregon lines I'm not sure I would accept exchanging for an Oregon. Why jump from one frying pan that's on fire into another one that's going to scald you if you don't have too--if you can bail out clean without any GPS and start the whole search over?

I'm basically at the end of my rope with Garmin. One more update release and if they haven't fixed the problems than to market we will go to sell the Colorado. One more update and it's bye bye if things aren't fixed. I'll start clean and fresh and hold on for the Delorme PN-40. I suppose, since the unit does not operate as advertised, I could demand a refund from Garmin but at this point and after all I've been through I would rather cut my losses and sever from Garmin without their "help". Lesson learned. We'll see, maybe they'll fix the issues and I'll be happy. Who knows?

Edited by yogazoo

It would be interesting to see Garmin's reaction to a mass 'buy back' effort.

If the unhappy suppliers of cash flow were to ask for debits in lieu of RMAs

someone's attention would be aroused in some fashion. As to effectiveness,

that's anyone's guess. I'm certain someone would come to the conclusion

that the moneys returned would go to the coffers of the competition, ergo:

"There's a threat arisen", "AH-OOGA, AH-OOGA, damage control report in!

Norm