Cointest: Help Me Celebrate

LadyBee4T

Robert Redford? Thanks for another fun cointest!

DING DING DING We have another winner!!

I guess that wasn't really hard at all given the timeframe. I has some pretty good hints figured out too!

I worked for Standard Oil Co of Ca as a refinery engineer then. Robert Redford's father also worked for Standard Oil and got his son a job there. He wasn't much into it and spent a lot of time on top of the tanks watching the ocean I'm told. Les Barker got the privilege of firing him! I thanked him for that when I found out! LOL At Les' retirement dinner he was contacted by Robert but I have forgoteen what was said. Everytime the firing was mentioned Les would get quite red. LOL

Since no one told me the flavor of the bean there is only one winner for this cointest.

All winners hsould send me their address if they haven't already and WSR I want your NEW addy!! LOL

1.The Volumes

2. I love You

3. Chex and American Arts

4. Ed Union & Elijah Davis

5. co-written by bass Ernest Newsom and the group's manager, Willie Ewing.

God you guys are good. I expected to be able to have dinner before a winner!!! Hope you enjoyed the music!

Ed told me that he actually wrote the song but back then they just picked a guy to list and then the manager added his name. Its too bad as he lost out on the royalties when they died as the family didn't know of the arrangement the members had.

:cute: OMG - didn't enter but gotta tell you - got my hubby jammin' on the music - he was like so happy to hear it! Thanks for the memories! :wub::anicute::o

1.The Volumes

2. I love You

3. Chex and American Arts

4. Ed Union & Elijah Davis

5. co-written by bass Ernest Newsom and the group's manager, Willie Ewing.

God you guys are good. I expected to be able to have dinner before a winner!!! Hope you enjoyed the music!

Ed told me that he actually wrote the song but back then they just picked a guy to list and then the manager added his name. Its too bad as he lost out on the royalties when they died as the family didn't know of the arrangement the members had.

:wub: OMG - didn't enter but gotta tell you - got my hubby jammin' on the music - he was like so happy to hear it! Thanks for the memories! :anicute::D:cute:

I hear that song ALL the time. I even watched them figure out their dance routine. Just imagine the four backup singers (old farts) in baggy shorts do the dance routines of the 50s and 60s and you would crack up. :o They have done some touring with a doo wop band tour this summer and Ed wanted to know if we wanted to go. Well why pay $55 a ticket when I hear it every week in the basement for free!

I am thinking up another question.......

Robert Redford? Thanks for another fun cointest!

I guess that wasn't really hard at all given the timeframe. I has some pretty good hints figured out too!

I worked for Standard Oil Co of Ca as a refinery engineer then. Robert Redford's father also worked for Standard Oil and got his son a job there. He wasn't much into it and spent a lot of time on top of the tanks watching the ocean I'm told. Les Barker got the privilege of firing him! I thanked him for that when I found out! LOL At Les' retirement dinner he was contacted by Robert but I have forgoteen what was said. Everytime the firing was mentioned Les would get quite red. LOL

Since no one told me the flavor of the bean there is only one winner for this cointest.

All winners hsould send me their address if they haven't already and WSR I want your NEW addy!! LOL

WOOT! Thanks so much for the cointest LadyBee4T! You are very generous! That is a very funny story! I can see how that would be hard for Les to live down, especially since Robert contacted him about it!

I'll send my address in a few; got some chores I have to finish outside before it gets dark! Thanks again!!! :cute::wub::anicute:

Cointest #6

This may be the last one of the night as I am fading out a bit from this darn cold and also working on some ebay auctions for Tod.

I have two movies that I can't decide which is my all time favorite. What are these two movies? I will give hints in a bit if no one is even close.

Winner will receive one of my little MWGB geo chick duckies.

Same Rules:

1) The main requirement is to have fun!!

2) 15 minutes between your answers and Both movies must be in the same post to be a winner.

3) My ruling is final!!

4) Don't edit your post or I will ignore it.

5) I will feel free to add rules as needed.

Springer Spaniel

cocker spanial:) not sure if that is spelled correctly hehehe

Congrats Beverly

Springer Spaniel?

Springer Spaniel

cocker spanial:) not sure if that is spelled correctly hehehe

Congrats Beverly

DING DING DING

Winners

I said that I would take more than one breed as an answer. You both posted these two breeds within seconds of each other so both are winners!!

I said that there were two possibilities because my mother thinks that he was a springer but now that I am an adult and looked at his pictures I'm convinced he was a buff colored cocker spaniel. Both breeds have long ears that flap when they run or shake their head hence Flappy!

Not sure what's going on with the times, but my answer was at 4:33, and theirs at 4:25, so if you want to save mine for another round that's fair.

OK, I finally got that figured out. When I saw the quote with "Springer Spaniel" I thought it was my answer. I see now the error of my ways!

Cointests are Ended!

Well there is only 30 minutes left here of my geo anniversary in EDT. Since no one has tried the last cointest I will end it and maybe do it another time. Besides I am sitting here coughing up a storm and want to go to bed.

Thanks to all who played and helped me smile tonight as I needed it. I hope all of you had fun too!! If you haven't sent me your address do so through my profile. I will send them out in the next couple of days when I have more energy to get to the post office.

Also WSR I'm glad that you're no longer in The Twilight Zone!!!