Custom Made Cache

mudsneaker

A local newbie broke the single most difficult part of a new cache I put out. It had to be pretty hard to break, so he must have been really going to town on it. Guess I assumed finders would use their brains, not their muscles. :roll: Considering the entire thing is about physical puzzles, it seemed kinda obvious, especially since this is stage 3 and the previous WPs are also physical puzzles that only require patience and brains.

It took over 2 months to design. buy, cut, assemble, test, and final assemble the thing. :shock:

To rebuy the stuff will be $35, but thats slightly less than the initial cost at least. I can reuse the cap and still have the PVC glue and lock. The rebuilding is the part that really hurts. Theres no way to make it happen fast at all. To many parts have to be cut, drilled, fitted, etc. I'm guessing it will take about 2 weeks to do it again.

The fella is being good about it, offering to help but it's really not something that I can have him do much since theres so many stages to the build. Certainly not going to have him pay of course, that's just part of putting out caches. (muggle factor)

Ok, I just wanted to blow off some steam to people who can understand the frustration. I'm good now. All is well again. It's nice outside, the beer is cold, the grill is warming up. Life is good again. cool0003.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So do you think being creative is too risky and not worth it? Keep things easy, safe, and unbreakable? Or is the making caches different worth the effort even if someone may just destroy it soon after being released?

Guess I assumed finders would use their brains, not their muscles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So do you think being creative is too risky and not worth it? Keep things easy, safe, and unbreakable? Or is the making caches different worth the effort even if someone may just destroy it soon after being released?

You assumed WAAAAAAAAY too much.

Being creative is very risky. You have to decide at what level the risk outweighs the benefit of finders who get to experience your great cache.