Setting Up Geocache on GArmin GPS

Setting Up Geocache on GArmin GPS

Did our first geocache yesterday with the kids a nice easy one .

Cool dads Garmin Etrex Venture Hc work great even in the woods. It set us right on top of the cache well nearly :cool:

But How do I get the geocache list onto the unit UNDER GEO CACHE section when I down load the the Cache lists It seems to go to Waypoints and the Geocache section remains empty when I click onto Geocache it says none found.

What am I doing wrong. :rolleyes:

Great fun to use the unit tho and getting my eldest into Maps and Navigation :lol:

Maybe should have posted on the getting started thread eh B)

Edited by freehighlander

I believe you need to look at the program that was used to download the coords, rather than the GPS instructions. There most likely is a box somewhere that needs to be checked.

You can also manually change each icon to the geocache icon in the GPS and see if that works. The geocache icon is a closed box.

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

I believe you need to look at the program that was used to download the coords, rather than the GPS instructions. There most likely is a box somewhere that needs to be checked.

You can also manually change each icon to the geocache icon in the GPS and see if that works. The geocache icon is a closed box.

Thanks for that.

I just downloaded the cache from the GArmin site. Strait onto the unit :lol:

But will poke about more :rolleyes:

Thanks for that.

I just downloaded the cache from the GArmin site. Strait onto the unit :lol:

But will poke about more B)

Yep got now what a thicko :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice :cool: