Gamin Legend HCx waypoints question

Hello all,

Just got a new Garmin Legend HCx and I have a couple of questions about waypoint adding and removing.

OK, I know my way around the GPS, I understand the "lingo" so no need to get greatly into detail..

1. Lets just say you had 100 or so waypoints stored in the GPS is there a way to delete them all at once?

2. This one is harder to explain. I am using Garmin's mapsource program that came with the GPS and I want to be able to add my waypoints I have downloaded from GC.com. Lets say I have downloaded 5 individual caches onto my hard drive, how do I get them all into my program?? The question seems so simple. It seems as if when I "open" a file...THATS IT..one way point is all I can put on there..NOW to confuse me even more, I can download right to my gps THEN do an upload to my computer and all my waypoints are there. Or I can do a pocket querie, and that works, HOW can I add more with the data I have downloaded??? WOW I hope that made since..

Thanks

Eric...

1. Lets just say you had 100 or so waypoints stored in the GPS is there a way to delete them all at once?

Open the waypoint page and press the "menu" button. One of the options on the menu is "delete". Select that option and, on the next page, you will have the option to delete all waypoints or to selectively delete waypoints, by symbol.

2. This one is harder to explain. I am using Garmin's mapsource program that came with the GPS and I want to be able to add my waypoints I have downloaded from GC.com. Lets say I have downloaded 5 individual caches onto my hard drive, how do I get them all into my program??

Each time you download to MapSource you open another instance of MapSource. Not a problem, really. Leave the first instance open (i.e. the first waypoint that you downloaded). Download the second waypoint and right click/copy the second waypoint from the waypoint list. Close the second instance of MapSource and switch to the first instance of MapSource and past the second waypoint into the waypoint list. etc. Do a "save as", give the file a name and save it in whatever folder you use for such things (I keep a folder called "my garmin" inside the "my documents" folder where I save my various files of waypoints and tracks).

Each time you download to MapSource you open another instance of MapSource. Not a problem, really. Leave the first instance open (i.e. the first waypoint that you downloaded). Download the second waypoint and right click/copy the second waypoint from the waypoint list. Close the second instance of MapSource and switch to the first instance of MapSource and past the second waypoint into the waypoint list. etc. Do a "save as", give the file a name and save it in whatever folder you use for such things (I keep a folder called "my garmin" inside the "my documents" folder where I save my various files of waypoints and tracks).

Or, one could use a utility like GSAK to pull them all together in one place..