Whats up with this?

Today I ran into something I have never seen before with my CSx. I was driving and wanted to navigate to a waypoint. I chose the "off road" option and the GPS drew the line on the map page from my present location (the black cursor) to my destination waypoint. All good so far.

I continued to drive while watching the map page. One end of the pink line stayed at the location on the map where it had been when it was first calculated, with the other end on the destination waypoint while the cursor kept going down the road! Previous to this one end of the line followed the cursor while the other end stayed on the waypoint. I scrolled thorough the other screens, finding everything else was working as it should, and when I came back to the map page the line was still in the same place.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?? Is it a setting? I can't figure it out. :(

Today I ran into something I have never seen before with my CSx. I was driving and wanted to navigate to a waypoint. I chose the "off road" option and the GPS drew the line on the map page from my present location (the black cursor) to my destination waypoint. All good so far.

I continued to drive while watching the map page. One end of the pink line stayed at the location on the map where it had been when it was first calculated, with the other end on the destination waypoint while the cursor kept going down the road! Previous to this one end of the line followed the cursor while the other end stayed on the waypoint. I scrolled thorough the other screens, finding everything else was working as it should, and when I came back to the map page the line was still in the same place.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?? Is it a setting? I can't figure it out. :(

Actually, that's the way my eTrex Legend HCx does - point of calculation is the start of the line and draws to the destination waypoint. Black arrow follows the line to the destination.. This is the normal mode - at least for my GPS.

Unless I'm mis-understanding what you were saying..

Actually, that's the way my eTrex Legend HCx does - point of calculation is the start of the line and draws to the destination waypoint. Black arrow follows the line to the destination.. This is the normal mode - at least for my GPS.

Unless I'm mis-understanding what you were saying..

My old 76s did the same thing (line stayed at the point that i did the goto). I upgraded to the 76cx and found that the line stays with the moving cursor. It's no biggie either way but i was kind of used to it staying put on my old unit...

If I understand you right you are now using "Course" rather than "Bearing" line. Most units will come with "course line" as the default, but you want to select "Bearing line" in the menu. Course is set from where you started the "GOTO" to the destination, Bearing always points to the destination from your current position.

If I understand you right you are now using "Course" rather than "Bearing" line. Most units will come with "course line" as the default, but you want to select "Bearing line" in the menu. Course is set from where you started the "GOTO" to the destination, Bearing always points to the destination from your current position.

That did it! Thanks very much. It was bugging the heck out of me.

In my 60cx I would go to the map page, hit menu, map setup, tracks (sqiggly line icon on top), Go to line (bottom line on menu), in the drop-down select "Bearing"

Thanks sooooooo much for giving the details on how to find the place to make the change. Some ppl just say change this to that but don't tell you how .... for us newbies the details really help......ty ty ty