Finding streets on 60 csx

Assuming that you are using City Navigator, you can search for an instersection. If you know your street intersects with another street then you can put in both and it will take you to the intersection. You can't just search for a street because some streets travel for miles and miles and it won't know where on this street you really want to go. You can put in an address and it will take you there, but that is because you have chosen a point.

Assuming that you are using City Navigator, you can search for an instersection. If you know your street intersects with another street then you can put in both and it will take you to the intersection. You can't just search for a street because some streets travel for miles and miles and it won't know where on this street you really want to go. You can put in an address and it will take you there, but that is because you have chosen a point.

so, how do I put in an address? Because that's really what I need to do.....I'm traveling accros country now and the gps became quite usless when I needed to find an address and all I could search for is cities and exits. I'm not sure what city navigator is, but what I'm using is just a garmin 60csx and the mps on it are the standard "garmin topo canada maps". I have no computer hooked up in my car, so I'm just searching using the 60csx itself.....

according to Garmin's website the Canada Topo Maps have routable roads, though I honestly couldn't tell if they are auto-routing or not.

Hit the Find button on your 60CSx and it should come up with choices for Waypoints, Geocaches, Address, etc. plug in the address if you know it and hit goto, the 60CSx might ask you if you want to "Follow Road" or "Off-Road" select "Follow Road".

according to Garmin's website the Canada Topo Maps have routable roads, though I honestly couldn't tell if they are auto-routing or not.

Just tested it....auto-routing works in MapSource (haven't tried on the GPSr). I never thought to even try before being as the Topo USA maps are not. I wonder why they are ripping off the Americans?