Geocache Downloading to CO and How To Handle/Delete?

I've downloaded several caches direct to the CO 400t GPSr. After finding each one I've marked them Found on the GPS. I've found no way to upload the "found" data back to Geocaching.com. I've searched around and cannot find any way to delete them from the GPS except by going into the files via my PC and deleting them directly. I log the caches found manually.

Is what I've described the only way this process works at this point? There is nothing wrong with it--I just want to know if I am missing something. Thank you.

http://garmincolorado.wikispaces.com/Geocaching describes the process for uploading fieldnotes or "found data". The only way to delete is do what you are doing.

GO$Rs

Thanks...

From the Wiki...

GC9.) Can I delete Geocaches?

No. You cannot delete geocaches on the Colorado. Loading a new gpx file which does not contain the geocache is the only way to remove it from the device.

Why load a new gpx from the PC when you can delete them just as easily from the PC?

GC10.) Can I modify a Geocache?

No. You cannot modify a Geocache on the Colorado. If you are doing a multi-cache, for example, and want to enter the coordinates for the next stage you'll need to mark a waypoint. You cannot navigate to this waypoint in geocaching mode.

Trying to place the new waypoint on the coordinates you want I found very futile...so I just created a "dummy" waypoint and then edited in the coordinates I wanted. When you GO to that waypoint it will have moved to the correct location.

That was an enlightening read. My geocaching is pretty darn limited so it isn't likely any time soon I will upload fieldnotes for 1 or 2 geocaches. Just noticed though that the time stamp when the cache is logged as found is not available to note from the GPS. I will likely always be keeping some notes at the time rather then doing this 100% paperless.

I hope Garmin will, for entering data, redesign the joystick on the R-n-R and use a more conventional alphanumeric page. I keep worrying that they are going to give up on the Colorado though. :huh:

BTW, I've done 4 caches now using the 400t geocache feature. So far not one hiccup. I think I'm happy with the geocaching element of this GPSr. I don't charge in fast for the kill--that doesn't work for me. I take my time circling around in a 20 foot or so diameter. If the GPS goes off on a tangent I'll follow it a little ways, wait for the correction, and wander back to the general area. I think all 4 caches were in a 15 foot radius of the "spot" which I never bother trying to go right too.

Edited by Ratsneve