Problems/Questions Routing with Colorado

I have noticed two strange things when routing with my Colorado. I can't figure out if I have a wrong setting or if this is a known problem.

I have City Navigator North America NT 2009 on my PC and on my Colorado 400t with the latest firmware.

1) I create a route on my PC and download it to my Colorado. When I select the route to Navigate, the GPSr recalulates the route. Why? The whole purpose of downloading a route to the GPSr is so that the GPSr follows the route right? I just don't understand why it goes through a recalculation.

2) I have the route calculation set for fastest route. When driving on the Interstate/Freeway, Often times I am routed off the freeway and then immediately back on. Why?

Have any of you Colorado owners suffered the same problems?

-Keith

I have noticed two strange things when routing with my Colorado. I can't figure out if I have a wrong setting or if this is a known problem.

I have City Navigator North America NT 2009 on my PC and on my Colorado 400t with the latest firmware.

1) I create a route on my PC and download it to my Colorado. When I select the route to Navigate, the GPSr recalulates the route. Why? The whole purpose of downloading a route to the GPSr is so that the GPSr follows the route right? I just don't understand why it goes through a recalculation.

Oh it's a known problem alright! But not just with the Colorados.

The explanation I gave in this post applies equally to the Colorado.

2) I have the route calculation set for fastest route. When driving on the Interstate/Freeway, Often times I am routed off the freeway and then immediately back on. Why?
I don't know, but my speculation is bad data in City Navigator at those locations. I've heard of others getting the same thing, with other units. Edited by roybassist

Oh it's a known problem alright! But not just with the Colorados.

The explanation I gave in this post applies equally to the Colorado.

I don't know, but my speculation is bad data in City Navigator at those locations. I've heard of others getting the same thing, with other units.

Thanks!