Travel Bug Log Goof

CREA MULDER

Not sure if this is a problem, but I'd like to correct it if possible.

We dropped off a TB at a cache while on vacation, so a couple days passed before we had a chance to get home and log it. During that time, someone found the TB and logged the find. When I finally got online, the TB was no longer in my inventory, so I was unable to show that I dropped it off. The TB log is basically incomplete, and I wanted to post a note as to why we placed it where we did.

Is this a big deal? Is there a way to post date my drop-off? TIA!

Not sure if this is a problem, but I'd like to correct it if possible.

We dropped off a TB at a cache while on vacation, so a couple days passed before we had a chance to get home and log it. During that time, someone found the TB and logged the find. When I finally got online, the TB was no longer in my inventory, so I was unable to show that I dropped it off. The TB log is basically incomplete, and I wanted to post a note as to why we placed it where we did.

Is this a big deal? Is there a way to post date my drop-off? TIA!

If you still know the Tracking Number, you can grab the TB back, and then drop it in the cache where you put it. The person who has it now will then have to Retrieve it. He/she can delete his/her original "grab" log. You should send a message to the cacher who grabbed it, letting him/her know what you are doing.

Welcome to the forums!

If you don't have the tracking number, you could contact the person who grabbed it from your inventory and ask them to either send you the tracking number so you can log it correctly, or ask them to log the TB in and out of the cache you left it in, so its mileage will be good. Try to resist the urge to give them heck for not giving you time to log :mad:, because they may be new to the game, or maybe just got carried away when logging all their finds and TBs after a caching trip.

1) Even if you have the tracking number (which you should always write down just for these situations), do not just grab it from the current holder, contact him/her first.

2) If you know that you will not be able to log the drop-off within 24 hours, include a note with the bug asking the next finder to please wait a day or two (or what ever time you need).