Ignore list and watch list

Raddad637

I have a reason to have caches both on my ignore list and watch list. Will this work?

For the curious, I want to ignore ones I have looked for but not found because I already save them in my GPS with a different icon and don't want them redownloaded in later pocket queries.

They go on my watch list also if I tried but didn't find them to monitor other cachers luck.

Will the ignore listing cancel out the watch listing?

I have a reason to have caches both on my ignore list and watch list. Will this work?

Yes.

Nope. :ph34r:

You will get wtachlist emails when the cache is logged. But the cache won't show up in the results when you do a "Find nearest (filter out finds)" search. It also won't show up in PQs if you check the "are not on my ignore list" box.

For the curious, I want to ignore ones I have looked for but not found because I already save them in my GPS with a different icon and don't want them redownloaded in later pocket queries.

They go on my watch list also if I tried but didn't find them to monitor other cachers luck.

They have nothing to do with each other.

Agreed. One does not affect the other.

Ignoring takes it off pocket queries (if this is designated) and removed it from maps and searches.

Remember that you don't have to place a cache on a watch list in order to monitor a cache. You can have the same cache in a bookmark list and have activity of the caches on your bookmark list sent to you as well. This adds a sense of stealth, not showing the cache owner that someone else is "watching" his cache. Unfortunately, the name of your bookmark will sometimes be displayed to others when you use this method, so NEVER title your Bookmark List something like "That Dummy's Geocache." I have someone watching my activities in one of my cache areas. I discovered this due to this error! Granted, if you want to play with someone, you could always use this as a method to impart information "indirectly." :unsure: