Can anyone recomend a GPS for me?

Hi,

I think my Lowrance H2Oc has died, I get several bars on the sat page, 3 or 4 over 80% and 4 or 5 well over 50% but after 1/2 hour it still has not locked on. None of the recomendations on lowrances website helped, so i think its gone... only a year and a half old =(..

Anyways, I have three main tasks for my GPS, fishing, geocaching, and racing. Fishing obviously needs decent maps for ontario water bodies, geocaching needs an easy way to import data from the internet, and the racing if for TSD rally, and for that I want quick access to map orientation config, and to the reset trip data (KM travled specificaly). Autorouting is not important, neither is 3d maps or any of the modern car stuff.

Im considering a Garmin 76CX/CSX, but anything in the $200-250 rage I would look at.

Thanks

Hi,

I think my Lowrance H2Oc has died, I get several bars on the sat page, 3 or 4 over 80% and 4 or 5 well over 50% but after 1/2 hour it still has not locked on. None of the recomendations on lowrances website helped, so i think its gone... only a year and a half old =(..

Anyways, I have three main tasks for my GPS, fishing, geocaching, and racing. Fishing obviously needs decent maps for ontario water bodies, geocaching needs an easy way to import data from the internet, and the racing if for TSD rally, and for that I want quick access to map orientation config, and to the reset trip data (KM travled specificaly). Autorouting is not important, neither is 3d maps or any of the modern car stuff.

Im considering a Garmin 76CX/CSX, but anything in the $200-250 rage I would look at.

Thanks

I just suggested the 76 unit in another thread. I've been using the 76 series for years now and have not had any problems with any of them. The latest 76cx, i bought just because i wanted to upgrade and it's by far the best gpsr that i've ever used...

Being as fishing is your #1 activity Mudfrog’s recommendation is perfect. As for detailed maps for Ont. lakes goes....I would try the free Canadian topo maps from Ibycus (http://www.ibycus.com/ibycustopo/).

I just did a search for Ontario in Mapcenter and Mapcenter 2 and didn't find much.

If you're looking for shoreline, depth contours, bottom conditions, boat ramps or KM markers for any lakes in Canada from Garmin you're out of luck.

Edited by ryleyinstl