eTrex Legend Cx

vh678

:sad: So here's the deal. We're able to download geocaches, but they just show up as waypoints and the geocache list is still empty. Granted, we've been using it this way and it works just fine, but thought it might be good to use the gps to its fullest. The manual doesn't seem too helpful. Thanks for your help!!

I have the same GPS. I'm guessing without testing it myself that maybe you should check Setup/Geocache and see if it is "On". The only other choices there are the icons for Find and Found Caches. I hope this might work.

Then, while navigating to a Geocache waypoint, when you find the cache, switch to the compass page to select "Found". (It took me a while to find this "Found" selection) Then you can view a list of found not found caches.

Edited by Raddad637

:unsure: So here's the deal. We're able to download geocaches, but they just show up as waypoints and the geocache list is still empty. Granted, we've been using it this way and it works just fine, but thought it might be good to use the gps to its fullest. The manual doesn't seem too helpful. Thanks for your help!!

You need to make sure the unit is set up properly for geocaching. There should be a setup screen for geocaching. The default icon for a geocache should be a closed treasure chest.

Welcome to the Forums! :unsure:

What program are you using to send the caches to your GPSr? If it is set up for Geocaching, and if the program, like EasyGPS or GSAK, is sending the cache with the correct icon, the caches will show up as Geocaches, and as Waypoints.