Diabetes TBs getting to their targets

sTeamTraen

I found a Diabetes TB last week and I can get it to within about 10 miles of its target (Haverhill, UK, population 22,000) in a couple of weeks.

Which got me thinking: have many of these TBs reached their targets? The one which I received to launch was heading for South Korea, which seemed like a long way at the time (so far it's got no further than Germany).

I found a Diabetes TB last week and I can get it to within about 10 miles of its target (Haverhill, UK, population 22,000) in a couple of weeks.

Which got me thinking: have many of these TBs reached their targets? The one which I received to launch was heading for South Korea, which seemed like a long way at the time (so far it's got no further than Germany).

We brought the "Somerville, United States of America" Unite for Diabetes Travel Bug" to its destination city in MA last year.

We have several other local-destination ones on our watchlist, but so far none have ever been within reach.

Niagara Falls, USA made it to it's destination, after being released in Florida. Pretty much nothing happened. As a matter of fact, the TB is probably missing, or just sitting in a cache with no one taking it, because it's already home.

I released on that wanted to go to Maramag Philippines. It was picked up by a cacher nearly a year ago and has not been placed since. I've sent a few emails asking them to move it on or send it back to me with no luck. I'm really sad because I requested the bug to honor my nephew who has diabetes. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

Last year I took a "Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom" Diabetes Travel Bug from the US to Belgium, but since then it has only moved east and is now in Germany. :P;)

or just sitting in a cache with no one taking it, because it's already home.

Pick it up, take (or send) it far away, have it come back.

To heck with that; I'd be covered head to toe in ticks if I went to that cache right now. You go get it. :laughing:

Seriously though, I agree with your idea.