Want to replace my GPS V, but with what?

KD5XB

I'd like to replace my old Garmin GPS V, but how do I choose what GPS to use strictly for Geocaching? Is there a web site somewhere that will allow me to compare features? I'd like to be able to use the computer to load caches, and I'm hoping to finally lose the old 500-point limit. Any suggestions?

Of course, I'd rather not spend $500 for this.

Thanks,

Earl

The Garmin website compares Garmin units. Off hand, I don't know of other websites that compare differerent brands, but I am sure there are some. Google something like "GPS model comparisons" or something similar.

Edited by floydgg

I suffered over the past 2 months for a good caching GPS for approximately 150-250 dollars. I settled first on a now-defunct Magellan eXplorist 400. It can support 2000 waypoints as opposed to 500, greyscale but with a backlight for night caching, and all-around good interface. IF you were to buy on of the absolute current ones, go with the Triton series. The lower-end models come in at 200 dollars, and they have a shocking array of features.