Edge 705 versus 60CSx

I currently own the 60CSx and really like it. I use it mainly to record my tracks and then load them into Mapsource on my PC and into Bobcat on my MAC. I recently got into Road biking and was thinking of picking up the Edge 705. I have been keeping my 60CSx tucked into a pocket and secured by a carabiner (sp) into my camelback. Since I am exploring new roads on the road bike, it has become a pain to stop and take off the camelback at times to check out a road intersection I am not sure about. The 705 mounted on the stem would help with that problem. Plus it will give me a couple more options to use on the road. My question is this, would I still be able to upload my tracks into Mapsource and Bobcat as I did with my 60CSx. I haven't been able to see anywhere that the 705 use track logs, although I do see something about history. I also see the new Oregon series is coming August 1, so I may consider that instead of the 705 as long as I can mount it on the stem. Thanks for your help! Kevin

I currently own the 60CSx and really like it. I use it mainly to record my tracks and then load them into Mapsource on my PC and into Bobcat on my MAC. I recently got into Road biking and was thinking of picking up the Edge 705. I have been keeping my 60CSx tucked into a pocket and secured by a carabiner (sp) into my camelback. Since I am exploring new roads on the road bike, it has become a pain to stop and take off the camelback at times to check out a road intersection I am not sure about. The 705 mounted on the stem would help with that problem. Plus it will give me a couple more options to use on the road. My question is this, would I still be able to upload my tracks into Mapsource and Bobcat as I did with my 60CSx. I haven't been able to see anywhere that the 705 use track logs, although I do see something about history. I also see the new Oregon series is coming August 1, so I may consider that instead of the 705 as long as I can mount it on the stem. Thanks for your help! Kevin

Kevin,

The Edge 705 files are in .tcx format so they need to be converted to .gpx files in order to upload them to Mapsource. Easy fix, there are alot of free programs that do the conversion. I use a program called TCX Converter which allows you to import .tcx, .kml, .trk files and convert them to other like files. As far as uploading to Bobcat, I don't knonw about that since I don't have a Mac. Hope this helps.

Someone beat me to it: Mount the 60csx on your handlebars.

Ditto! I use the handlebar mount for my 60CSx and it works like a charm. I loop the wrist strap around the bar just in case it gets bounced loose. Prevents a nasty trip to the ground or worse yet, the blacktop...