Garmin's New Oregon Series

I see that now Garmin is introducing a new series of handhelds called the "Oregon's". These new units seem to have adandoned the famous "Rock & Roller" design in favor of a touch screen and hopefully many other fixes that were badly needed. I wonder if the Colorados have been written off as a poor design and a splash in the pan. It does seem like they are entirely too problematic.

What I wonder is, are these new unit's displays going to be as hard to see in anything but the best lighting like the Colorados, do they actually have a functional clock, and do they leak if exposed to the shallowest water.

Surely Garmin has learned a few lessons from their ill-fated Colorados and corrected them in these new Oregons?

I see that now Garmin is introducing a new series of handhelds called the "Oregon's". These new units seem to have adandoned the famous "Rock & Roller" design in favor of a touch screen and hopefully many other fixes that were badly needed. I wonder if the Colorados have been written off as a poor design and a splash in the pan. It does seem like they are entirely too problematic.

What I wonder is, are these new unit's displays going to be as hard to see in anything but the best lighting like the Colorados, do they actually have a functional clock, and do they leak if exposed to the shallowest water.

Surely Garmin has learned a few lessons from their ill-fated Colorados and corrected them in these new Oregons?

Erm, no offense, but there are already three topics about the Oregon still on the front page of this forum. :lol: