PDF Problem

Lostboy1966

I have a new puzzle cache that has some odd behavior when using the 'Print To PDF' option in the cache page - a chunk of text is being cut off. In this case a portion of some lyrics that are needed to solve the puzzle. Has anyone else seen this problem, and is there any known workaround? Could the HTML in the cache description be tripping things up somehow? Not that there's anything fancy in it...

I'd hate to have someone print this out and not catch the problem until they were out in the woods.

This might sound silly ... but if you're using IE, have you tried viewing the PDF via Firefox or another browser? Page looks screwed up for me under IE, looks fine when I open it via Firefox.

I've had this weird problem with IE -- it opens PDF's in a two-up landscape format -- wish I knew how to get rid of that. The same problem doesn't present itself under Firefox.

This might sound silly ... but if you're using IE, have you tried viewing the PDF via Firefox or another browser? Page looks screwed up for me under IE, looks fine when I open it via Firefox.

I've had this weird problem with IE -- it opens PDF's in a two-up landscape format -- wish I knew how to get rid of that. The same problem doesn't present itself under Firefox.

Thanks for the info, Lasagna. I am using IE7, and a PDF view of the cache page (using Adobe Reader 6.0 - I didn't realize how far behind I was) gives that split-page book view with the missing text problem I mentioned. I then installed Firefox 5.0, and the cache appears in a traditional (non split-page) format with all text intact.

I'm going to update my Adobe Reader to v8 (I think that's where they are now) and re-test in IE7. I'll post the results here.