Colorado 300 Lithium Battery Issues

My Colorado 300 just will not work with Eveready Lithium Batteries for some reason. I realize these cells are a little "hotter" (voltage-wise) right out of the packaging, and I realize the 60 series had issues with them, but even if I wear a set down a little, my Colorado just don't like them! The display will start to do its thing but quickly fade out and die. I can turn right around and replace the lithiums with NiMH's and all is well for some reason.

This problem happens regardless of how the "Battery Type" setting is set correctly or not.

What's the Colorado got against lithium cells?

My Colorado 300 just will not work with Eveready Lithium Batteries for some reason. I realize these cells are a little "hotter" (voltage-wise) right out of the packaging, and I realize the 60 series had issues with them, but even if I wear a set down a little, my Colorado just don't like them! The display will start to do its thing but quickly fade out and die. I can turn right around and replace the lithiums with NiMH's and all is well for some reason.

This problem happens regardless of how the "Battery Type" setting is set correctly or not.

What's the Colorado got against lithium cells?

I haven't noticed the problem, but then again I haven't used them that much. I'm getting better than 12 hours from my NiMh rechargables. There is no logical reason that lithiums shouldn't work unless Garmin's lithium profile is incorrect and shutting them down prematurely. Could it be that you have some bad lithiums? :angry:

I have see at least three posts from people indicating good to outstanding performance with lithium disposables. Can't vouch for the brand. If you search this forum for the words Colorado and lithium, you will find these posts (along with several long threads confusing lithium disposables with lithium ion rechargeables). Based purely on other people's posts, I would say that you may have a hardware problem.