Caching with mobile phone

Sandy Hams

We currently have our cell phone service through AT & T. Do they accept the mobile phone caching?

I don't think so but I am not sure. I have ATT also and wanted to use with my Blackberry. A few months ago I tried & it would allow me to download the software properly. From everything I can tell, it won't work.

I just bought a GPS instead.

Not sure about caching with the AT&T phones but with my Blackberry and the Trimble GeocacheNavigator it works fine. Seems as accurate as my Garmins although it doesn't have the electronic compass which I've gotten used to. With the data plan you can also go paperless and get full cache details from the geocaching WAP site.

I'm with AT&T and have a BlackBerry Curve 8310 with GPS. The GPS on the 8310 is very accurate. CacheBerry is an excellent program, especially if you are a premium member. You can import pocket queries and CacheBerry will publish the cache to Google Maps via KML. Google Maps is free, and CacheBerry is free for 30 days, and only $14.95 to buy. IMHO the mapping with CacheBerry is far superior to Geocache Navigator's mapping.