Garmin Bobcat

Mac user here.

I just received Garmin Topo 2008 for Mac. I have used Mapsource Topo for years on a PC.

I downloaded Bobcat as part of the Topo installation. Trouble is I can't find any detailed documentation on how to use Bobcat. Can anyone point me in the right direction- I can't find anything on the Garmin site.

Most urgently- I need to find out how to print the maps!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Carl

Edited by GeoScoes

I'm not in front of my Mac right now, and have never printed from Bobcat. But the first question is do you have the maps installed on the Mac? If you've got the Mac Topo, then you're all set.

That said, Bobcat is still considered Beta software...Not sure if there's a print option or not.

If not, a workaround is to use Grab (look for it in the Utilities folder, I believe) to capture tiff of the window or your selection, then open it and print from Preview. Preview does a great job in my experience of auto sizing and rotating to fit on a sheet.

I'm not in front of my Mac right now, and have never printed from Bobcat. But the first question is do you have the maps installed on the Mac? If you've got the Mac Topo, then you're all set.

That said, Bobcat is still considered Beta software...Not sure if there's a print option or not.

If not, a workaround is to use Grab (look for it in the Utilities folder, I believe) to capture tiff of the window or your selection, then open it and print from Preview. Preview does a great job in my experience of auto sizing and rotating to fit on a sheet.

Yes the maps are installed and I can see the waypoints (caches) on the map- it looks nice. Now I want to print the map to take on my merry way caching.

Yeah... I thought about Grab as choice of desperation (nothing against grab) When I pay $80 for Topo for Mac I expect to be able to print the maps!!!!