Colorado roller wheel

Styk

Has anyone had the wheel operation semi-randomly refuse to allow icon selection. By this I mean for example, you want to select the geocache icon so you select shortcuts and rotate the wheel. As you approach the geocache icon, the graghic indication stops and refuses to continue on to the geocache icon. Try, Try as much as you want, the next thing that happens is suddenly you are at least one icon beyond the geocache icon or spinning like a wheel. This also happens when trying to edit waypoints.

Backing out of the screen, ie, select shortcuts and geocache again, may or may not result in normal operation.

This behavior is particularly irrating when trying to edit a waypoints properties.

I called Garmin yesterday and the support person suggested that a new wheel should fix me up but I have my doubts. That would mean the magnetic properties of the embedded magnet have degraded. In any case, my new wheel is on it's way.

So, has anyone experienced this behavior, contacted Garmin and received a new wheel and that was the end of the story.

A co-worker that I frequently go caching with at lunchtime had a very similar issue with his brand new Colorado. It would occasionally reach a spot and "jump" two clicks instead of one. He contacted Garmin about it and they simply RMA'd it and replaced it. They simply said it was a defect. Never heard of Garmin sending out spare parts -- they usually just RMA their stuff and give you a replacement unit.

Has anyone had the wheel operation semi-randomly refuse to allow icon selection. By this I mean for example, you want to select the geocache icon so you select shortcuts and rotate the wheel. As you approach the geocache icon, the graghic indication stops and refuses to continue on to the geocache icon. Try, Try as much as you want, the next thing that happens is suddenly you are at least one icon beyond the geocache icon or spinning like a wheel. This also happens when trying to edit waypoints.

Backing out of the screen, ie, select shortcuts and geocache again, may or may not result in normal operation.

This behavior is particularly irrating when trying to edit a waypoints properties.

I called Garmin yesterday and the support person suggested that a new wheel should fix me up but I have my doubts. That would mean the magnetic properties of the embedded magnet have degraded. In any case, my new wheel is on it's way.

So, has anyone experienced this behavior, contacted Garmin and received a new wheel and that was the end of the story.

This sounds similar to what I was experiencing with my new 400t. Mine would just randomly scroll, on its own, and it would do that in any screen that I had it in. I called Garmin, and after they had me try to pop the wheel off to make sure there weren't any obstructions, and do a master reset (both of which didn't work), they sent me an RMA number and I sent it back to them. I just got me new unit two days ago, and so far, so good.