Pocket Query Waypoints

skinrock

I generated a pocket query that contains 50 caches. When I got the email with my query data, I received two gpx files, one was named -wpts.gpx, so I assumed it contained waypoints for all 50 caches. When I boot up my Colorado 400i, only 18 waypoints load.

I tried going to the cache review and manually downloading all 50 waypoints, which created 3 .loc files. I loaded those and only the same 18 waypoints are working.

The caches are around an area that I'm spending my vacation at next week, so I'm not familiar with the area, obviously waypoints would be of use to me. As far as I can tell, just the normal GPX file only loads in the geocaching application, and doesn't give you exact directions.

Thanks.

Oh, okay, I understand now.

Is there a way to get the Colorado to load the exact directions to a geocache? I can't select a geocache as a waypoint for my route, and when I load the geocache application, there's just a straight pink line from me to the cache (~146 miles away).

No, I ordered that separately. I already picked up my 2 gig micro SD card, and I ordered the north american nt city navigator software.

I assume that's the data I need for it to be able to plot routes. I noticed while driving today, it couldn't pick up a "street close to my starting point" no matter where I was.

I take it the world base map is just the images, no actual road data?

Correct. You need City Navigator maps loaded and active to do turn by turn.

No, I ordered that separately. I already picked up my 2 gig micro SD card, and I ordered the north american nt city navigator software.

I assume that's the data I need for it to be able to plot routes. I noticed while driving today, it couldn't pick up a "street close to my starting point" no matter where I was.

I take it the world base map is just the images, no actual road data?