Help with Travel Bug Info with Caching

expeditionfamily

Hello,

We are planning on doing some caching as a way to break up our road trip to the grandparents. I looked over our route a bit and noticed several TB Hotels along the way so I know there will be plenty of opportunity to move some bugs. My kids think this is great fun. However, I have a few questions and am hoping someone can help:

1. Is there a way to upload the descriptions of the TBs currently located in the caches in the Pocket Query I am running? I want to be able to see if I can help the TB move along in the right direction before taking it, etc.

2. Is there proper etiquette on how many TBs to take at one time?

3. What is the proper etiquette if we find a TB that wants to go to multiple states (for example) and we are going to Oregon and then back to Montana? Could we take it with us and log it in a find in Oregon, then "retreive" it and take it back to Montana with us?

Thanks so much in advance!

Julie

1. Is there a way to upload the descriptions of the TBs currently located in the caches in the Pocket Query I am running? I want to be able to see if I can help the TB move along in the right direction before taking it, etc.

No, the only way would be to research the bug before you pick it up. Perhaps the bugs will have detailed mission information provided with the bug itself. (as every bug should)

2. Is there proper etiquette on how many TBs to take at one time?

As long as you can assist it towards the goal, it doesn't matter if it's 2 or 20.

3. What is the proper etiquette if we find a TB that wants to go to multiple states (for example) and we are going to Oregon and then back to Montana? Could we take it with us and log it in a find in Oregon, then "retreive" it and take it back to Montana with us?

It kind of depends on the bug's mission. If it's just a plain 'visit different states' then it really doesn't matter. Would taking it back to Montana give it a better chance to reach another state? If so, do it.