Who started you caching

powersfamily

So this is not just a question but a website suggestion. I think it would be great if there was a way a person could put in their profile who started them caching. Then when you get your "My Finds" query from geocaching.com it could also toss in a list of all the people in your "Down Line" so basically all the people you started caching as well as the people that they started caching, and so on. Just another fun bit of info to track.

Cheers.

Man, I have often wished there were some way to track this. I have taken so many people on their first cache hunt, and had them tell me about taking their friends/family caching, and so on, that I would LOVE to know how many people I have gotten hooked on this, directly or indirectly.

It does seem like that would be an easy feature to implement, as long as everyone was actually registered on the site. For myself, the person who told me about it was NOT a cacher, but had a friend who lived out in Wisconsin who had done it. I don't know if the guy who told me has ever logged a find, or if his friend is still active, even, so I guess my "upline" pretty much ends with me. I guess that makes me a direct descendant of Dave Ulmer, right? :D

I am with you bunkerdave, I heard about geocaching from a friend of a friend so I dont have an upline but I started several people geocaching since I started and one of them is moving to new zealand where he will have a fresh stalk of people to start caching and I would love to see the downline develop.