Builder crashes on editing input script

RaKin

The actual Wherigo builder crashes when you have a script in the input section (when a player inputs data) and this script contains a statement of in- or decrement a variable. When you first time enter the statement everything's fine, but if you edit the value later, the builder crashes when clicking on "OK". I tried it even on a new cartidge which contains nothing else than the variable and the input.

I don't know if this is related, but I found today that the builder will crash if you create message to the player with custom buttons to click, and any of the buttons have a comma in their text. I was creating a message at the beginning asking if the player wants to autosave the cartridge, with the two button choices of "Yes, Autosave" or "No thanks". It crashed everytime until I removed the comma in the first button text.

Edited by HoustonControl

i have the same problem. when i activated the two buttons (yes, go on and no, stop) the program crashed and the file is corrupt i cannot open it anymore. i am a bit desperate. cannot find the wrong code in the lua file.

Look for a line like this:

Wherigo.MessageBox{Text=[[this is the message text]],Buttons={"yes, go on","no, stop",},}

No, that piece of code is not included in my file, i was looking for that too. As you can see in the attached file it is broken of at the end. i tried to cut some code in notepad but was unsuccesfull.

My mistake was that i saved directly after the error occured when i tried to click the error message away.

Oeps, could not include the lua file, i am not permitted to do that