What do you think is the best cache in Texas?

Best as in a difficult puzzle cache, a difficult location, a good hide, a humorous cache container, or what?

Lots of criteria for calling a cache 'best'. I like the ones that don't take me down in a bunch of junk / trash, that don't make me look for a film can zip-tied to a tree, or yet another light pole base hide.

Billy Goats Gruff is a good one, as is Deciduous Bifurcate -- both well-hidden micros with some very subtle hints in the description. The hides in Tandy Hills Stratford park in Fort Worth are good, but bring bandaids.

I love to travel, so the county doesnt matter.... How about narrowing it down to the funnest cache you have ever done in Texas, not extremely difficult, could be done with a group of cachers, and has something of historical value or a landmark, such as a park or significant object around the area of the cache. This way, I could cache and learn something about the area in the process. Since I am a new cacher, it doesnt need to be extremely far away from the starting point, like hiking Guadelupe Peak, and taking hours to find since I am not very good at caching yet.

Edited by dancethang06

I love to travel, so the county doesnt matter.... How about narrowing it down to the funnest cache you have ever done in Texas, not extremely difficult, could be done with a group of cachers, and has something of historical value or a landmark, such as a park or significant object around the area of the cache. This way, I could cache and learn something about the area in the process. Since I am a new cacher, it doesnt need to be extremely far away from the starting point, like hiking Guadelupe Peak, and taking hours to find since I am not very good at caching yet.

The Four Cache Loop is one of our favorites. It's provides a good little challenge, is great fun to do with a group, and you even get a souvenier if you complete the cache! It's down near Huntsville (not too far from Houston), so be prepared for lots of heat and humidity if you think about tackling it during the summer months.

If you're in the Dallas area head a few miles north to the city of Allen and try some of these:

* Does Not Compute

* Brer Rabbit's Fun Boxes

* Private Eye

* Wichita Lineman

* 20 Questions

* Separated From the Herd

* Faceless Multinational Utility Company

* George Returns Again

* The Caterpillar's Seat

* The Enchanted Forest

We are from Houston but have made 2 trips up to San Augustine County. The Pastor and Pastor's Wife have put out several series along the back roads of the county, many of them pertaining to his family history. The cache pages are very interesting to read and some of them display his talents as a poet. Be forwarned, many of the roads are unpaved and on National Forest lands.

We haven't hiked the Four Cache Loop yet, but have heard many area cachers talk about it in glowing terms. We will do it when the weather cools down again (sometime in 2009 :) ).

My favorite's have been "More than you bargained for" by SultanDan adopted by Hotbloon and AllenMabry, Ipodcache-Return to Oz by Waypoint Zero, and Blub by the Dawgies. As far as puzzles go, I hate to admit it, but 9key has some really fun puzzles and of course anything by Sandbassking and Queen.