geocache/multicache or other inside of a educational public visitors center?

I live in Homer, Alaska and people come here to see stuff. Does anyone know if its possible to get a cache approved if I make some sort of destination to an item in a visitor's center? I'd get permission from the visitors center of course.

I've been in side, its full of wildlife stuff, pictures, and those educational posters. The building is owned by the state and a wildlife refuge organization, I'm sure they'd say okay to me if it didn't bother anybody.

Not sure I understand what you mean. You just want to post the coords for the visitors center? That would be a waymark. Have you checked out the Waymarking site yet?

It would be a permanently placed item in the visitor's center, like a educational painted plywood bear with information.

Just trying to think of educational caches people can enjoy when the weather is bad.

I found one inside a county visitor center. The coords take you to the front door of the building. The description says to check out the ships light. When you get inside there is a mock-up of the prow of a freighter. The cache is tucked behind the light. It is in plain sight but wouldn't stand out to a non-cacher. The cache was placed with permission and all the center employees know about the cache.

I found one inside a county visitor center. The coords take you to the front door of the building. The description says to check out the ships light. When you get inside there is a mock-up of the prow of a freighter. The cache is tucked behind the light. It is in plain sight but wouldn't stand out to a non-cacher. The cache was placed with permission and all the center employees know about the cache.

Exactly what I'd thinking of doing, or set the GPS coordinates to a fixed item position. Though, that method sounds more fun, since they'd need to look for the item themselves. :blink: