Garmin Streetpilot and GPSMap 60CSX

After owning a Garmin Streetpilot 2620 GPS for my car for about 3 years or so, by accident I figured out I can manually add map coordinates into it. I also tried for the heck of it, hooking it up to my computer and can download cache locations into it to and they show up as waypoints, which is awesome. I also added maps to my GPSMap 60cxs.

So now I have the best of both worlds, I can load my days cache hunts to my car GPS, use it to get me to the general area, sometimes right to the cache if its roadside, and my handheld for the offroad caches once my car gps takes me to them.

Got to love undocumented features huh.

I do the same I load all caches near the area where I will be to my streetpilot 2610 and map76cs. Comes in handy since the streetpilot does a littl better job of getting you close on the street then use the handheld to walk the rest.

I have a 2610 that is just in storage and I use the rino 530 HCx for my caching- can u pm me some info on how to use the SP 2610 to ge me close on the streets then use the handheld for the find?? any tricks here??

After owning a Garmin Streetpilot 2620 GPS for my car for about 3 years or so, by accident I figured out I can manually add map coordinates into it. I also tried for the heck of it, hooking it up to my computer and can download cache locations into it to and they show up as waypoints, which is awesome. I also added maps to my GPSMap 60cxs.

So now I have the best of both worlds, I can load my days cache hunts to my car GPS, use it to get me to the general area, sometimes right to the cache if its roadside, and my handheld for the offroad caches once my car gps takes me to them.

I have a 2610 that is just in storage and I use the rino 530 HCx for my caching- can u pm me some info on how to use the SP 2610 to ge me close on the streets then use the handheld for the find?? any tricks here??

I hook my Streetpilot 2620 to my USB port on my computer. My streetpilot came with a usb cable, it is the same connection size as my GPSMap usb cable. I use the garmin upload feature from this website and send the coordinates to it, and it shows up as a waypoint. When I am driving I can even see the little waypoints on the streetpilot.

The way I use my 2610 is: I first hook it up to my pc via the usb port. Go to the geocaching.com website and search for the caches you would like to find. All the way to the right of each listing is an icon that says send to GPS when you hover over it. I think this works for everyone. The first time you do this it will see your gps unit and ask to install an attachment. It will take you to the garmin test webpage. once you have transfered the lsiting to the cache, you simple search for it in your waypoint icon and goto. This works the best for me. My handheld does not give the greatest street directions at times. I guess because the streetpilot is made for driving specifically it works a lot better. Hope this helps.