Question re: cooridinates format

CYLUmp&MisFit

There's nothing more frustrating than having this nagging bug, knowing where to look but lacking the understanding of important details. I have researched various GPS units and the CYL UMP will be getting a new Garmin for Fathers' Day but until then we are stuck with this older model Magellen 315 and and I have been playing with it some hoping to understand more about it. My problem is I have changed the cooridinate format and now I don't know which format to get back to. I understand HOW to change the format, I just dont know WHICH one to choose. Here are my choices:

Under 'Primary' I can select (Deg/min.mm) (Deg/min.mmm) (Deg./min./sec) (Deg.DDDDD).

Under 'Secondary' I can select the same as above.

MY question is, do I select 'Primary' or 'Secondary'? AND, which lat/long format?

Thanks., the mrs.

Edited by CYL Ump

There's nothing more frustrating than having this nagging bug, knowing where to look but lacking the understanding of important details. I have researched various GPS units and the CYL UMP will be getting a new Garmin for Fathers' Day but until then we are stuck with this older model Magellen 315 and and I have been playing with it some hoping to understand more about it. My problem is I have changed the cooridinate format and now I don't know which format to get back to. I understand HOW to change the format, I just dont know WHICH one to choose. Here are my choices:

Under 'Primary' I can select (Deg/min.mm) (Deg/min.mmm) (Deg./min./sec) (Deg.DDDDD).

Under 'Secondary' I can select the same as above.

MY question is, do I select 'Primary' or 'Secondary'? AND, which lat/long format?

Thanks., the mrs.

All of the cacches are listed in the Deg/min.mmm (degree/minutes.decimal minutes) format so I would choose that as primary and on secondary it's really up to you. I use geo coordinates extensively at work and prefer the degree.decimal degree format. (ease of input). But it's really a choise thing.