60CSx "Welcome" screen

DualWings

When I first bought my 60CSx, just a week ago I was able to put my name in the "Welcome" screen when the unit first powers up. I now want to add more information to that "Welcome" screen but can not figure out how to get back to it. Anyone have some simple directions on how to get back there?

Larry, I am pretty sure I tried that many times but when I get home tonight I'll double check. It is like the "Welcome" menu just disappeared.

Your information was what I was looking for. Thanks.

Gary

The "Welcome" icon isn't visible on the first screen you see after you select "Setup." You need to scroll up or down from that first screen to see it.

--Larry

Page #77 does not tell you step by step how to get there. It only shows you how to use it. That is the problem.

I guess they believe the person would know how to access the setup page after reading the manual. Page #66 shows you how to do that......MENU........MENU..........SETUP........ENTER.

To access the Welcome Page:

On the Setup Menu Page, highlight the Welcome Message icon and press ENTER.

To add a welcome message;

1. Use the on-screen keyboard and the ROCKER to enter your welcome message and press ENTER.

2. When finished, highlight OK and press ENTER to close.

3. Turn your unit off and then on again to view your welcome message.

I want to thank everybody for your help but it turns out the "Welcome" screen was blocked/deleted or turned off. After much time of tring to figure out why I couldn't find it, I ran across something that said "add all" or something like and after I did that, the "Welcome" screen returned. What a pain in the butt that was. It took me days to figure that one out. In the "For what it's worth department" I have read every page of the owners manual. The manual really lacks detail.

I want to thank everybody for your help but it turns out the "Welcome" screen was blocked/deleted or turned off. After much time of tring to figure out why I couldn't find it, I ran across something that said "add all" or something like that and after I did that, the "Welcome" screen returned. What a pain in the butt that was. It took me days to figure that one out. In the "For what it's worth department" I have read every page of the owners manual. The manual really lacks detail.

I want to thank everybody for your help but it turns out the "Welcome" screen was blocked/deleted or turned off. After much time of tring to figure out why I couldn't find it, I ran across something that said "add all" or something like that and after I did that, the "Welcome" screen returned. What a pain in the butt that was. It took me days to figure that one out. In the "For what it's worth department" I have read every page of the owners manual. The manual really lacks detail.