Micro problems

rowdypaco

So I'm new to this. I'm in the Greensboro area and I've got 4 finds under my belt (one micro and 3 large ones) and I'm completely addicted. However, I am completely stumped by any and all micros (excpet the one I found). I've driven up to several "P&Gs" sat and stared around, gotten out and poked around and can't find a thing. Same is true with micros in the woods. Yesterday I was hunting Melvin's Mtn and Bog Garden. I know I was standing on top of the cahces but couldn't find them. I would love some clues or tips. Thanks.

Sorry for the double post. Computer glitch.

Edited by rowdypaco

Micros that are in the woods can be tough to find, particularly if you're new to the game. I would suggest finding some larger caches out in nature before you attack micros, which are often deviously hidden in plain sight.

When it comes to urban micros, a gigantic hint can usually be found on the cache page: the type of container. If it's something magnetic, then you can usually find the cache underneath a mailbox or other metallic object (including streetlamps around here), or stuck to the side of a metallic object, out of sight.

If it's not magnetic, chances are that it's tucked away somewhere like the crotch of a tree.

And, if you ever find yourself standing in the middle of a parking lot, looking for a cache... just remember, a lot of lightpost skirts are not bolted down. B)

Tip number one. Until you get really experienced I would avoid micros in the woods.

When looking for a micro keep in mind that it can be anything from the size of a pencil eraser to an altoid tin. Alot of them are magnetic keyholders or something similar. There are also some very cleverly disguised micos ranging from fake rocks, sprinkler heads, outlet boxes, etc....the list goes on and on.

I've seen one that was about the size of a pencil eraser and was magnetic stuck on a no parking sign on top of the bolt head that held the sign on. The more you find the easier it will get.

El Diablo

I've seen one that was about the size of a pencil eraser and was magnetic stuck on a no parking sign on top of the bolt head that held the sign on. The more you find the easier it will get.

El Diablo

Nano cache anyone! It's the black thing in the middle which is magnetic & unscrews to reveal the tiny little log book. You can paint it whatever color you'd like. One reason to carry tweezers with you. I found a micro in the woods today and not having tweezers (didn't have my ditty bag) it took me ten minutes to get the log out..... but I was FTF!

e8eab14a-ce22-4b6d-acff-850650222588.jpg