Zone Visibility Question

Tequila

I am trying to create a cartridge that will require the player to actually go into the field and complete it. I don't want the cartridge playable on the Emulator. To accomplish this my thought is to keep all of the zones hidden until the player actually arrives at a specific lat/long.

I thought I could accomplish this by placing a physical micro some distance from the first zone. The micro would contain the lat/long of the start. Once the player goes to that lat/long the zone would become visible. However, it does not seem to work.

Here is what I did:

(1) On Cartridge Start up, only a descriptive message is displayed.

(2) On entering the first zone, I made the first zone visible/active and I display a message.

Two problems. First the "first zone" is actually visible in the emulator although it is orange as opposed to blue. Second, when I move to that location, nothing happens. The zone does not become active or visible.

If I add commands to the Cartridge Start Up making that first zone visible/active before the player gets there, then everything works fine when the player gets there. The message is displayed.

Am I doing something wrong? How do I totally hide zones in the Emulator?

Thanks.

C

If the zone isn't active, you'll never see any events trigger on it. Set the zone to be active at startup, but not visible. Don't worry about the visibility of the zones; I think that if it's not blue, it won't be shown in the field, or in an Emulator for someone who's downloaded the cartridge. It'll only show hidden/inactive zones for you as the builder. Someone else will be along to correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Edited by FoxFireX
assuming you are correct about the non-visible zones only being visible to the Builder in the Emulator

This is confirmed. Non-visible zones are shown to the cartridge author if s/he builds the cartridge on his/her own computer. I believe it was included like this as a courtesy to the cartridge developer.