Best GPS for senior dad

My dad really enjoys caching with me but would like to begin to venture out on his own from time to time. I'd like to find him a unit that is easy to use with larger buttons, display, etc. I have a Garmin etrax which he has a hard time operating with the controls down the side and the little thumb toggle on the face. Does anyone have a suggestion on a unit to consider?

You don't say what your budget it, but you might look at the Garmin 76Cx/CSx. That model has the buttons on the front and it has a larger screen than the eTrex series.

sorry about that...I'm looking in the $200-$250 range.

When I read the first post, I had decided to answer with the firm conviction that at 69 years, I have the best advice backed by established credibility. :P

OTOH, now that I am aware of your cost range,.............................. :D

My dad bought a Magellan explorist XL. The screen is much larger than any other handheld and it's easy to use. He loves it and has over 1300 finds.

Pay no attention to the (soon to post) Garmin holding naysayers when they moan about Magellan products (most have never used a maggy). They are just as accurate and easy to use than Garmins are...if not more so.

You don't say what your budget it, but you might look at the Garmin 76Cx/CSx. That model has the buttons on the front and it has a larger screen than the eTrex series.

sorry about that...I'm looking in the $200-$250 range.

For about $50 more, you can get the Garmin GPSmap 60CSx at walmart.com.

For about $12 more than that, you can get the same GPS in a bundle:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5334279

Edited by LifeOnEdge!