Bug in Stat Bar

masterdot

Go back to your log and press edit.

You'll find a drop down list, where you originally selected "Found It". This drop down list has other choices as well.

You said you visited one cache twice. I'm assumming that you couldn't find it the first time and had to go back and then found it the second time. If this is the case then the "standard" practice is to log your first visit as a "Did Not Find" and then seperately log your second visit as "Found It". Most players feel if you search and don't find you should log a DNF, but it's by no means a requirement. However, logging a DNF can be helpful to other players and the cache owner as well.

If for some reason you went back to a cache the second time and weren't looking for it. Maybe to see a nice view again, or drop off a bug, etc. Then you can use the "Note" selection as the previous replier indicated.

In the end how you log is really your own personal choice. It's just something the website provides to you to keep a record of your experiences.

And yes, you're in the majority in feeling that if you "found" 9 caches then your stats should say "9". So just go back to the logs on the cache you visited twice and correct it in any manner you see fit.

You should also be aware that the "owner" of the cache has the final say on your logs. For example, in rare cases they may have certain rules you have to follow before logging and if you don't follow them they may delete your log and this of course will change your stats. Some owners refuse to allow 2 finds on the cache, some could care less. You'll discover all this as time progresses but for now, you should think of logs as a diary of what you did at that cache. If you can't find an appropriate selection in the drop down list, just use the catch all "Note".

Edited by Morning Dew

You said you visited one cache twice. I'm assumming that you couldn't find it the first time and had to go back and then found it the second time. If this is the case then the "standard" practice is to log your first visit as a "Did Not Find" and then seperately log your second visit as "Found It".

i visited and found it two times. every find was a success and the second one was a visit if something trackable was avaible. so i found it once and the second time i just visited it.

so it may be the right option to log this second visit as "note"?

if i do so the stats is correct...

hmm... would be ok for me :P

p.s. interesting... till now i didnt know that the owner can disagree to a log...

thankx anyway, now everything is fine :D

Yup,

You've got it now. Your second visit was just to discover or move a bug so most people will make a note for that visit, indicating why they went to the cache. Most cachers feel you can't "find" the same cache twice but again it's a personal choice.

Another thing you might not be aware of. If you "find" a trackable item in a cache and for whatever reason you don't feel like taking it (maybe you can't help it on it's mission, or you won't be caching for a few months, etc.) you can still write down the tracking number. When you get around to logging your finds you go to the tracking page, enter the tracking number you wrote down and you can select "Discover" for a trackable item and it will still show in your stats.

Some people like to discover/move as many trackables as they can, so this still allows you to get "credit" for it even if you can't move it or don't feel like moving it.