garmin communicator plug in

riverite

I am trying to install this COMMUNICATOR PLUG IN but it will not work I have followed all the instructions , the test page tells me it cannot detect the plug in , the FAQ says I need to install USB DRIVERS.I follow the promps to do this , When it says new found hardware screen should appear i get a window the same as when i connect my camera to the PC ,only it says nuvi at the top of the window and no mention to install, when i hit "NEXT" I am directed back FAQs and told to install drivers , then its the same again

I am running windows XP which is compatable . Does any one have the answer or am I a real dummy and miss some thing each time I try -- tx

I am using windows xp home edition internet explorer version 7

If you haven't already downloaded the usb drivers for your garmin product, you can download them here: hxxp://www8.garmin.com/support/blosp.jsp (change to http as I wasn't sure if we're allowed live links)

On the page that loads, click the link for the model you have, look towards the bottom of the page and you'll see where to download the usb drivers. Click this link and select save when the box pops up. Save them somewhere you can easily find them. Once it's downloaded, run the exe file to install the drivers. Next time you connect the garmin device it should now see it properly and load the drivers for you. You may need to install the communicator plugin again though. Hope this helps. :)

I tried the garmin sight and got the USB DRIVERS download ,when I tried to run it a window tells me I allready have the drivers installed on the pc When installing the plug in i do not get the window saying new hardware found. The test page say,s [could not detect the plug in ]., go to faq s and be told i need to install the drivers. etc, etc etc