GPX files, Images and the Garmin Colorado

Is there a way to import the cache page images.

I spent ages today looking for a cache only to give up. When i returned home I realised that an image was part of the cache and without the image the cache can not be found.

I realise that GPX files dont have images included but is there a way to grab them with GSAK so they can be included when sent to the colorado?

Is there a way to import the cache page images.

Our Colorado won't do this as part of the cache info, but I found a workaround that gets the job done. I have had the same DNF issue due to not having a vital picture that was needed to solve the cache. Our Colorado can display .jpg images using the Others menu. Here's the steps I use.

1) Save the needed photo off the cache page by right-clicking and "Save Picture As..." in .jpg format.

2) While connected to the PC, copy the image to your (Drive:/)Garmin/GPX/Current folder.

3) Use the right softkey to find Others/Image Viewer and select.

Any .jpg image in your Current folder will be available for viewing. if you have multiple images use the rock-n-roller to roll clockwise to scroll thru them. If you click the left softkey (Zoom) you can use the wheel to zoom in or out, and press the top/bottom/left/right side of the wheel to pan the image.

If you have many cache images loaded I use a photo editor to add text right on the image so I can ID it to match which cache it belongs to. I usually give it the cache Smartname. I know this is a lot of extra work but it does do the job. Hope this helps!

It might not be a bad idea to contact the cache owners to ask them to have mercy on the paperless among us. In a lot of cases, it would be possible for them to include the necessary content from the image right in the cache description. And you might also ask them to avoid the cute HTML effects (like crawling banners) which do not translate to paperless devices... Maybe if enough of us ask, some progress will be made.