Help - Cant enter country

About 10 days ago I purchaser Garmin Nuvi 710 in UK, "Argos" shop. It was with preinstalled UK, Ireland maps. Everything was fine and helped me a lot. 5 days ago I returned to Lihuania, and ordered to install all Europe and detailed Lithuanian maps. Then I had coulpe free days so did not checket how i works. And accidently it was dropped on the carpet from about 1 m heigth. So maybe this could be the cause of my problem ? As I press on Tools > Settings > Map > Map info I can see City Navigator Europe NT 2008 and Lietuva TOPO V1.03NT installed and both ticks are there. In Lithuania everything works fine as it should be, but if I press Change Country - I get select country screen and only one button to select with Lithuania on it. No other countries, no input field, only the Lithuania button. If I press View Map and press minus sign I can see those green or yellow squares on Europe meaning that there is maps of those regions (I was told so). If I press screen on Paris, France and make the view closer till I can select a street for example Rue de Plaisance and I press Go GPS calculates course to that point from my last position (for example Lithuania) correctly. So, why cant I just enter the country in Where to > Address ? The Lithuanian map is installed in GPS device and the Europe map is installed on 2 GB SD card (Kingston). Expert who did this said Lithuanian map will work faster that way. But now it the same - with SD card or without - i cant enter other country, only Lithuania. Only that without SD card I can see those squares only on Lithuania map. In coulpe of days I will try with other SD card, but what if everything will remain as it was ? GPS unit software is updated via Updater (2.90 version, if I remember correctly).

With the SD card installed, when you press Where To>Address Do you get a choice to choose Lithuania or Spell Country, or do you only see Lithuania

Thanks for fast answer. As I press Where to > Address i get screen:

Select City in:

EMPTY PLACE then buttons

Spell City

Search All

If I press Change Country (at he right bottom corner) i get screen named Select Country and only one button on it - Lithuania. I think it should be something like input line for writing... But only one button appears.

I've got a nuvi 200 with a US primary maps and Europe and Australia on the SD card and it searches whatever country I tell it to.

Maybe the problem has to do with changing the UK/Ireland internal map with the Lithuania map? Perhaps it would have been better to leave the original maps and put Europe and Lithuania on the sd card.

How about instead of going Where to>Address you can go Where to>Near...

Edited by gallet

The point is that it should work that way - Lithuania map on GPS and Europe on SD. I tried to unmark Lituanian map and only City Navigator Europe 2008 NT is market - then I cant search anything at all. I got that fiend for input country (not a button like it was with LT map) but no matter what I write in it does not finds anything. Even if I write only G letter (that supposet to be Germany) it finds nothing.

With the SD card installed, when you press Where To>Address Do you get a choice to choose Lithuania or Spell Country, or do you only see Lithuania

I'm not that familiar with the Nuvi, but if you have a CD card in it the fall may have jarred it out of position. Try removing and reinserting it if you can.

SD card inserted and reinserted many times, that is not what causing the problem. Yesterday I tried to put only half of Europe, so I marked only bottom half of it and Sent to SD card. IT woker OK. Then I did same thing woth upper half and there was something wrong - it did not worked, so I think maybe some country is interfering with something and causing this problem. Today I will try some more and on other PC, maybe thats my PC is to blame... And another thing about primary and secondary map. Also yeasterday I did one img file, including City Navigator Europe 2008 NT and Lithuania TOPO map. Sent it to SD, deleted old LT map from GPS. So it was only one map file, but that way it wasnt working at all. Nothing was shown in map details.... Now I'll try the same on other PC maybe it is its fault...

Edited by Shadowed

So, here is some news - just finished installing City Navigarot Europe 2008 NT to SD card. IT works ok, but I removed Lithuanian TOPO map from GPS/Garmin folder, so it is not detected. Now I am thinking may be there is some incompatibilitie between CNE2008NT and Lithuania TOPO map ? Now I will try to install Lithuanian TOPO to PC (now did fresh install only CNE).

It's entirely possible if the Lithuanian maps are not by Garmin. The Australian ShonkyLogic Topo maps also cause conflicts with Garmin Maps.

Lirhuanian TOPO is made by Garmin as far as I know:

http://www.garmin.lt/lt/disp.php/lt_produc...raphy_road/2715

text is Lithuanian but on DVD picture you can see Garmin logo...

So... By now I tried and it occures that ONLY City navigator Europe NT 2008 OR ONLY Lithuanian TOPO map is working from SD (CNE is too big for GPS so I tested with both on SD one after other). Now updated MapSource to latest and trying to send both EU and LT maps. Chech if I do it right:

With CNE NT2008 selected mark all Europe (about 1,3GB is shown at the right bottom), then at up left corner select Lithuanian TOPO map and again select all Lithuania, EU is not shown then. About 1,4 GB is hown now. I see all maps in list, Lithuanian included. Now sending, now i'll just wait for coulpe of hours. Then write what happened. Should be one big file consisting of EU and LT maps....