Projecting a waypoint

I'm hunting a two-stage multi, where the second stage is a feet-and-degrees projection from the first. I know how to do the projection using my Garmin 60 CSx, but I wonder if I am missing any of the finer points--I DNFed on my first hunt. So, here are my questions:

(1) The first stage tells me the second stage is 283 feet away at a bearing of 135°. So I open the Project Waypoint screen and enter the feet and degrees. No problem--but is that all there is to it? Am i missing any of the finer points?

(2) The bearing indicator on the Project Waypoint screen shows a small lower-case 't' below the degrees indicator. What does that signify? Is it an option of some sort? Does it affect my projection?

Thanks!

I'm hunting a two-stage multi, where the second stage is a feet-and-degrees projection from the first. I know how to do the projection using my Garmin 60 CSx, but I wonder if I am missing any of the finer points--I DNFed on my first hunt. So, here are my questions:

(1) The first stage tells me the second stage is 283 feet away at a bearing of 135°. So I open the Project Waypoint screen and enter the feet and degrees. No problem--but is that all there is to it? Am i missing any of the finer points?

(2) The bearing indicator on the Project Waypoint screen shows a small lower-case 't' below the degrees indicator. What does that signify? Is it an option of some sort? Does it affect my projection?

Thanks!

(1) I believe that's all there is to it. You're creating a new waypoint at that projected location, which you then go to.

(2) I believe the 't' stands for true, as opposed to magnetic, heading. If the information you're basing the projection on specifies a magnetic north reference, you could wind up a few degrees off in your heading if this setting isn't correct.

--Larry